This full day tour is the perfect introduction to Panama City and its Canal.
On this tour you will visit:
The Panama Canal (Miraflores Locks Visitors Center + IMAX 3D) $
Located right in front of the Miraflores locks on the Pacific side of Panama, this is where you can see up-close the operations of the canal and the transiting ships through one of the original locks.
$ Tickets can be purchased during the booking process or onsite.
A small nature sanctuary surrounded by the urban jungle of Panama City, Ancon hill stands tall in its 650-foot height. The highest peak in Panama City that offers breathtaking views of the city, the port and the Panama Canal. Even though it is located in the middle of the city, Ancon Hill has managed to retain a bit of wilderness and is home to sloths, tamarins, coatis and armadillos.
This gorgeous 6-kilometer road extension connects Panama City to several islands known as the Causeway Islands. It was initially built as a break water for the canal entrance from the rocks extracted during the excavation of the Panama Canal and now serves as an entertainment boardwalk and a popular social destination. It’s the ideal place for photo enthusiasts as you can capture a beautiful panoramic of the city’s skyline or a romantic sunset plunging into the ocean.
Casco Viejo also called Casco Antiguo (the Old Town)
Located in Panama City, is a historic district renowned for its vibrant blend of colonial architecture and contemporary flair. With its cobblestone streets, colorful buildings, and charming plazas, Casco Viejo offers a captivating atmosphere where visitors can explore centuries-old landmarks, trendy art galleries, chic restaurants, and lively nightlife.
You will also be able to see La Cinta Costera, Avenida Balboa, Las Americas Bridge and the Fish Market (Mercado de Mariscos).
- Private transportation
- Private guide
- Bottled water
- Entrance fees to Panama Canal Visitors Center
- Lunch / Meals
What to bring
- Passports of all passengers (mandatory)
- Hat / Cap / Sunglasses
- Comfortable shoes
- Light & comfortable clothes
- Level: Easy Details: Light walking (1-2h), some stairs
- Suggested age: All ages
- Please note that currently the Miraflores visitors center is undergoing a major renovation. Because of that, the museum and the top floor observation deck are currently closed. A smaller mezzanine on a lower floor is open during the renovations for viewing purposes.
- This tour must be booked at least 2 days in advance of the tour date.
- Kids 0-5yo are always free
- Cancellation terms and conditions